Job title: Senior Surveyor
Tel: 01307 490 220
Murray works in the Forfar office, servicing clients across the east and northeast of Scotland. After graduating from the Master of Land Economy course (MLE) at the University of Aberdeen, he started working for D&R in 2015 as a Graduate Surveyor in the Cockermouth office. Soon after moving to Forfar in 2017, Murray qualified as a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS).
In 2018, Murray completed his Level 6 Award in Residential Letting and Property Management before going on to qualify as a Fellow of the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers (FAAV). He is also a member of the Scottish Agricultural Arbiters and Valuers Association (SAAVA), the North Eastern Counties Auctioneers & Valuators Association and the Central Scotland Agricultural Valuers Association.
Outside of work
Murray enjoys the outdoors, actively participating in many outdoor pursuits including mountain biking, rock climbing, whitewater kayaking, hill walking and skiing. He is also a musician, playing bagpipes and piano.
Key areas of work:
- Undertaking valuations for a range of banks as well as for tax, internal planning and negotiation purposes
- Management of strategic land portfolios for a range of corporate clients including lettings and contract farming agreements
- Providing forestry and woodland management advice on harvesting operations, woodland creation schemes and valuations
- Wayleave and servitude negotiations
Specialises in the following services:
- Communication Masts
- Forestry & Woodland management
- Landlord & Tenant
- Property Management
- Sales & Lettings
- Utility Claims