Woodland at Hardhill
Armadale, West Lothian, EH48 2LE
An exciting and unique opportunity to acquire approximately 23.86 acres (9.66 hectares) of attractive amenity woodland in a convenient location within the Central belt of Scotland at Hardhill, Armadale. Comprising predominately mixed native broadleaved woodland, a great opportunity as recreational ground or for those looking for an investment.
Natural setting with attractive woodland
Central Belt location
West Calder – 12 miles
Livingston – 17 miles
Glasgow – 22 miles
Edinburgh – 31 miles
The Woodland at Hardhill, Armadale is located on the outskirts of Armadale, West Lothian. The Land is situated in a central location between Edinburgh and Glasgow with excellent transport links across the Central Belt including easy access to the M8 and A89.
The main access point to the Land is the gate off Lower Bathville road. The Land can also be accessed via Bathgate Road, from Armadale Main Street.
When arriving into Armadale from the East the land is located directly off the A89 and adjacent to the Armadale Stadium.
For users of satellite navigation, please use postcode EH48 2LE.
What3words = names.merit.heartened
The Land at Hardhill, Armadale extends to approximately 23.86 acres (9.66 hectares) or thereabouts. The Land comprises predominately broadleaved amenity woodland which would be excellent for recreational use.
The attractive woodland is a mix of broadleaf trees planted in c.1999, with a wide central avenue. The Forestry class is predominantly class F1 but contains a small section of F5 Land to the north. The Land sits at approximately 157m above sea level.
The Land is within central belt of Scotland and benefits from excellent access to the roadside and a dirt track throughout.
The Land at Hardhill may have significant natural capital potential, which could be explored further by any potential purchaser.
The Land is available as a Whole.
It is understood that there are no mains services to the site.
Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) & IACS
The land is not registered for BPS/IACS and no entitlements are available.
Any sporting rights are included in the sale in so far as they are owned.
It is understood that some of the minerals are reserved in favour of a 3rd party. Further information can be obtained from the Selling Solicitor.
There is a servitude right of access to a 3rd party in respect of surface water attenuation. Further details can be obtained from the Selling Solicitor.
There is a Core Path which run through the Property along with other paths.
West Lothian Civic Centre
Howden South Road
Central Scotland Conservancy
Hamilton Business Park
0300 067 6006
Plans, Areas, and Schedules
These are based on the Ordnance Survey and Title Deeds and are for reference only. They have been checked and computed by the selling agents however the purchaser shall be deemed to have satisfied themselves as to the description of the property and any error or misstatement shall not annul the sale nor entitle either party to compensation in respect thereof. For the avoidance of doubt any areas stated should be classed as indicative and the Purchase should carry out their own due diligence.
Sheonagh Richards (Partner)
Anderson Strathern, 1 Rutland Court, Edinburgh, EH3 8EY
0131 270 5378
By strict appointment with the Selling Agents: Davidson & Robertson Ltd. Telephone: 0131 449 6212/01900 268633 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org All viewings are to be arranged with the selling agents.
When viewing potential purchasers shall hold a copy of these sale particulars and notify the Selling Agents prior to viewing. For your own personal safety, please be aware of any potential hazards when viewing.
A deposit of 10% of the purchase price will be payable on conclusion of missives. This will be non-refundable in the event of the transaction failing to reach completion for reasons not attributable to the vendors or their agents.
Date of Entry
By mutual agreement.
The Property shall be used solely for tree planting and landscaping with the exception of the area used for sustainable drainage. Further information can be obtained from the Selling Solicitor.
The owner reserves the right to change the method of dealing with the property without any prior notification or change any closing date. Interested parties are therefore advised to register their interest with the agents, following an inspection and having carried out suitable due diligence with regards to the subjects. The owner and their agents reserve the right to exclude, withdraw or amalgamate any of the land shown at any time. The owner and their agents also reserve the right to generally amend these particulars. The agents also reserve the right to conclude negotiations by any other means at their discretion and a degree of flexibility is available to interested parties.
A closing date may be fixed. Prospective purchasers who have notified their interest through solicitors to the selling agents, in writing, will be advised of any closing date, unless the property has been sold previously. The seller is not bound to accept the highest or any offer, or to go to a closing date.
Formal offers, in the acceptable Scottish form should be submitted, along with the relevant money laundering paperwork in accordance with The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017, through a Scottish Solicitor, to the Selling Agent.
Third Party Rights and Servitudes
The subjects are sold together with and subject to all existing rights of way, servitudes, wayleaves and others, whether contained in the Title Deeds or otherwise, and purchasers will be deemed to have satisfied themselves in all respects thereof.
Davidson & Robertson for themselves and for the Vendor(s) or Lessors(s) of the property described in these particulars, whose agents they are, give notice that
1. These particulars are produced in good faith as a general outline only and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. No person in the employment of Davidson & Robertson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to this property on behalf of the Agents, nor into contract on behalf of the Vendors.
3. It is the responsibility of any prospective purchaser or lessees to satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of any information upon which any prospective purchaser or lessee relies on in making an offer or bid. The making of any offer or bid for this property will be taken as an admission by the prospective purchaser or lessee that he has relied solely upon his own personally verified inspection and enquiries. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred by prospective purchasers in viewing the property or in the event of any property being sold or withdrawn.
4. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and other details are given without responsibility and should not be relied on as statements of fact and prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them. Descriptions of the property are subjective and are published as opinions and not statements of fact. They are not intended to be binding on the Vendors of their Agents.
5. Nothing in these particulars is to be regarded as a statement that the property is in good structural, agricultural or horticultural condition, nor should any statement be taken as a warranty to be implied that any services, appliances, equipment, installations or facilities on the property are in good working order. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves as to the condition of all such matters.
6. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that they have not entered into an agreement to purchase in reliance on any statement contained in these particulars, that they have satisfied themselves as to the content of each such statement by inspection, enquiry or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the Vendors of their Agents in respect of the property.
7. Any error, omission or mis-statement in these particulars or any correspondence relating thereto shall not entitle the Purchaser to rescind or to be discharged from any Agreement to Purchase nor shall it entitle either party to compensation or damages, or give either party any cause of civil action.
8. The property is sold with all faults and defects whether of condition or otherwise and neither the Vendors nor their Agents will be held responsible for such faults and defects.
9. The photographs printed in these particulars show only certain parts of the property and they were not necessarily taken when the particulars were produced.
10. Where any reference is made to planning permissions or potential uses, such information is given by the Vendor and their Agents in good faith. Prospective purchasers should make their own enquiries with the Local Planning Authority into such matters.
11. These particulars have been prepared in good faith and in accordance with relevant legislation at the time of writing.
12. Particulars prepared – Dec 2023; photographs taken – Dec 2023
PARTICULARS AND MISREPRESENTATION – These particulars are produced for the guidance of prospective purchasers and although they are intended to give a fair description of the property they do not constitute or form any part of an offer or contract. Intending purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Any measurements or distances referred to should be considered as approximate. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting a property that has been sold or withdrawn.