Work for us
Why work at D&R
Whatever your role, Davidson & Robertson has a tried and tested training and development pathway to help you achieve your career goals, we will support you whichever direction you choose. There are real opportunities to grow from within the busienss – our MD Martin Hall began as a placement student and now leads the company.
With 9 branches, we work hard make sure we are a close team, working together on projects across Scotland and Northern England. The whole business comes together twice a year for company training days – always a great way to learn something and catch up with colleagues.
We also have a (voluntary) challenge each year – great fun and a great way to take time out and connect outside the office environment. Previous years have seen us take part in the Great Glen Challenge, (where we managed a win!), The Southern Upland Way walk and Hadrian’s Wall Walk. It’s a great way to support our chosen charities, catch up and have some fun together.
Operations Manager – EdinburghDavidson & Robertson is an innovative, friendly and expanding firm of Rural Surveyors and Consultants, with the highest professional reputation and a strong team culture. We are looking for an Operations Manager to join our Head Office team. This is a senior position and involves managing the current business processes and evolving them in line [...]
Operations Manager – Edinburgh
Davidson & Robertson is an innovative, friendly and expanding firm of Rural Surveyors and Consultants, with the highest professional reputation and a strong team culture. We are looking for an Operations Manager to join our Head Office team. This is a senior position and involves managing the current business processes and evolving them in line with the growth of the business. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual with operational management experience preferably in a multi-client, multi-workstream, professional business. OPERATIONS MANAGER ROLE: The Operations Manager should actively lead a continuous improvement programme, project managing improvements and change and engaging all staff in efficient and effective working practices. Strong communication, co-ordination and delegation skills are required to fulfil this position. The role will include:
- Responsibility for co-ordinating strategic business development, ensuring systems and processes are fit for purpose to enable all staff to work effectively and efficiently.
- Providing a support and training service, available across the Company, that enables the effective use systems to drive efficiency within D&R.
- Fulfilling the Quality Manager role for the Total Quality Management system implemented by the Company, to ensure efficient and consistent processes are applied to workstreams across D&R
- Ensuring all Company level projects are planned effectively and implemented to the required timescale and outcome.
- Liaising with the People Director and responsibility for the implementation the D&R HR policy.
- Liaising with the People Director to coordinate strategic recruitment/retention policies and development/training provision.
- Manage the Operations budget.
- Managing relationships with Suppliers and undertaking periodic reviews of services offered including assessing value for money and service level.
- Project Management
- Process mapping and implementing new systems
- Delivering support and training to system users, which may come from third party providers.
- Some HR management experience would be desirable.
Rural Surveyor – AyrD&R is recruiting a Rural Surveyor and Registered Valuer, and/or Fellow of CAAV, with a few years post-qualification experience who is an ambitious, client focussed professional and wants to join an expanding company, with offices across Scotland and Northern England. D&R is a forward thinking, energetic and friendly company of Rural Surveyors and Consultants, with [...]
Rural Surveyor – Ayr
D&R is recruiting a Rural Surveyor and Registered Valuer, and/or Fellow of CAAV, with a few years post-qualification experience who is an ambitious, client focussed professional and wants to join an expanding company, with offices across Scotland and Northern England. D&R is a forward thinking, energetic and friendly company of Rural Surveyors and Consultants, with the highest professional reputation and a strong team culture. We actively invest in our people, are committed to providing training and support to enable our staff to achieve their full potential. As part of our Ayr team, you will cover a wide portfolio of work including: property sales and development, renewables, communications masts, compulsory purchase and utility claims, agricultural and forestry consultancy, and valuations. Candidate Attributes: • Strong ties to, or hands-on experience of, farming and/or rural land management • Desire to work on a broad portfolio of client instructions • Flexibility and adaptability with a can do attitude • Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines • Well organised and first-rate attention to detail • Strong team spirit and work ethic. • Excellent interpersonal and client service skills • Good sense of humour and the ability to achieve a sustainable work-life balance To discuss/apply: Contact: Fiona Mackay (Operations Manager) FM@drrural.co.uk Davidson & Robertson, Riccarton Mains, Edinburgh, EH14 4AR. T: 0131 449 6212
“Hopetoun Estates has had a long association with Davidson & Robertson, using their services over decades in a wide number of areas including contract farming advice. The firm has consistently provided a professional and practical service which delivers excellent results to the estate.”
Donald Noble, Chief Executive, Hopetoun Estates
STAY IN TOUCH
We occasionally send out industry news, information on local agricultural business opportunities and updates on our company. If you would like to receive these, please subscribe.