Allanton Mill, Frosterley
Frosterley, Bishop Auckland, DL13 2SE
A fantastic opportunity to acquire a detached bungalow with extensive grounds, commercial buildings and land amounting to 1.85 acres (0.75 hectare) or thereabouts located in the popular commuter village of Frosterley. Allanton Mill is a is spacious detached 3 bedroom bungalow benefitting from double glazing throughout and oil fired central heating. There is also a detached shed/workshop and detached garage. The property would lend itself to further development subject to necessary consents and permissions. Allanton Mill is situated to the south of Frosterley, and north of the River Wear. To the rear of the bungalow, is a patio area and lawns. There is off street parking for a number off cars.
Accommodation comprises of: -
Hallway, Living/Dining Room, Kitchen, 3 Bedrooms, Bathroom and Utility Room.
• 3 Bedroom Bungalow
• Former engine shed and workshop
• Detached garage
• Extensive grounds
• Ideal commuter location
• Potential income from commercial buildings
• Potential development opportunities
• EPC E 47
The property is set in the popular village of Frosterley, which is well equipped with a local convenience store, post office and primary school. It is located on the outskirts of the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with excellent access to walks and trails. The property has excellent transport links, being located off the A689. It is situated approximately 3.5 miles from Wolsingham which offers a range of local amenities, such as supermarkets and local shops. Bishop Auckland and Durham provides a further range of amenities expected of a town of their size.
Stanhope – 2.5 miles
Wolsingham – 3.5 miles
Bishop Auckland – 13.5 Miles
Durham – 17.5 miles
Newcastle - 27 miles
Allanton Mill is a well presented detached 3 bedroom bungalow built in 1969. It is ideally located in spacious grounds, with lawns and mature shrubbery and hedging. The property is brick built under tile roof with a veranda to the front. To the rear is a versatile utility room with flat roof, which provides access to the kitchen. The property benefits from oil fired central heating and double glazing throughout.
The former engine shed, workshop and detached garage are located to the east of the property. These buildings would be ideal for a variety of uses and potential for future development subject to the necessary permissions and consents.
Allanton Mill Bungalow
The accommodation consists of:
Living Room - 7.06m x 4.25m
Spacious room with views towards the garden.
Dining Room - 3.00m x 2.63m
Kitchen - 4.40m x 2.73m
Fitted kitchen with integrated appliances
Utility Room - 4.77m x 2.98m
Bedroom 1 - 4.52m x 3.67m
Bedroom 2 - 4.52m x 3.55m
Bedroom 3 - 4.05 x 2.15m
Consisting of Bath, WC and sink
Former Engine Shed
Room 1 - 14.09m x 4.59m
Large former engine shed.
Room 2 - 3.50m x 2.60m
Office room attached to the former engine shed.
Room 1 - 10.20m x 6.21m
Large brick built detached garage building.
The land at Allanton Mill mainly consist of grassland and woodland. The land to the east of the Bungalow and the north of the Country store amounting to 0.61acres (0.25 hectares) or thereabouts, and would be ideal for livestock grazing or as a paddock for horses or could potentially be developed (subject to the relevant permissions).
The property benefits from mains electricity, water, with mains drainage.
This property is in Council Tax Band F.
Fixtures & Fittings
All fixtures & fittings are included in the sale at no extra charge. No warranties are given for the fitted appliances.
Energy Performance Certificate
Rating The EPC rating has been assessed as Band E (47). For full copies of the EPC information and copies of the reports please contact the Selling Agent.
Planning & Development
There are no known recent planning applications on this property. There may be the potential to progress alternative uses subject to relevant planning and other permissions.
Sporting & Mineral Rights
Any sporting or mineral rights are included in the sale in so far as they are owned and included within the vendor’s title.
The property is for sale freehold with Vacant Possession upon completion.
Durham County Council,
Plans, Areas and Schedules
Plans, Areas and Schedules These are based on the Ordnance Survey and Title Deeds and are for reference only. They have been carefully checked and computed by the Selling Agents and the purchaser shall be deemed to have satisfied themselves as to the description of the property and any error or misstatement shall not annul the sale nor entitle either party to compensation in respect thereof.
By strict appointment with the Selling Agents: Davidson & Robertson Rural. Telephone 01900 268633 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. All viewings are to be arranged with the selling agents. Please note with current COVID 19 restrictions inspections should be carried with due diligence and all relevant government compliance should be adhered too.
A deposit of 10% of the purchase price will be payable on exchange of contracts. This will be non-refundable in the event of the transaction failing to reach completion for reasons not attributable to the vendors or their agents.
Date of Entry
By mutual agreement.
A closing date may be fixed. Prospective purchasers who have notified their interest through solicitors to the selling agents, in writing, will be advised of any closing date, unless the property has been sold previously. The seller is not bound to accept the highest or any offer, or to go to a closing date.
Offers should be submitted to email@example.com or Suite 7M Lakeland Business Park, Cockermouth, Cumbria CA13 0QT. Should an offer be submitted to the office address please also confirm via email or telephone. The Vendor reserves the right to change the method of sale, sell the property without any prior notification or change the closing date. Prospective purchasers are therefore advised to register their interest with the selling agents following an inspection and having carried out suitable due diligence with regards to the subjects. The Vendor and their agents reserve the right to exclude, withdraw or amalgamate any of the land shown at any time. The Vendor and their agents also reserve the right to generally amend the particulars of sale. The agents also reserve the right to conclude negotiations by any other means at their discretion and a degree of flexibility is available to prospective purchasers. A closing date for offers may be fixed. The Vendor is not bound to accept the highest or indeed any offer or go to a closing date.
Third Party Rights and Easements
The subjects are sold together with and subject to all existing
rights of way, easements, wayleaves and others, whether
contained in the Title Deeds or otherwise, and purchasers will
be deemed to have satisfied themselves in all respects thereof.
Davidson & Robertson for themselves and for the Vendor(s) or Lessors(s) of the
property described in these particulars, whose agents they are, give notice that: -
1. These particulars are produced in good faith as a general outline only and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. No person in the employment of Davidson & Robertson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter any contract relating to this property on behalf of the Agents, nor into contract on behalf of the Vendors.
3. It is the responsibility of any prospective purchaser or lessees to satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of any information upon which any prospective purchaser or lessee relies on in making an offer or bid. The making of any offer or bid for this property will be taken as an admission by the prospective purchaser or lessee that he has relied solely upon his own personally verified inspection and enquiries. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred by prospective purchasers in viewing the property or in the event of any property being sold or withdrawn.
4. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and other details are given without responsibility and should not be relied on as statements of fact and prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them. Descriptions of the property are subjective and are published as opinions and not statements of fact. They are not intended to be binding on the Vendors of their Agents.
5. Nothing in these particulars is to be regarded as a statement that the property is in good structural, agricultural or horticultural condition, nor should any statement be taken as a warranty to be implied that any services, appliances, equipment,
installations or facilities on the property are in good working order. Prospective
purchasers should satisfy themselves as to the condition of all such matters.
6. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that they have not entered into an agreement to purchase in reliance on any statement contained in these particulars, that they have satisfied themselves as to the content of each such statement by inspection, enquiry or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the Vendors of their Agents in respect of the property.
7. Any error, omission or misstatement in these particulars or any correspondence relating thereto shall not entitle the Purchaser to rescind or to be discharged from any Agreement to Purchase nor shall it entitle either party to compensation or damages, or give either party any cause of civil action.
8. The property is sold with all faults and defects whether of condition or otherwise and neither the Vendors nor their Agents will be held responsible for such faults and defects.
9. The photographs printed in these particulars show only certain parts of the property and they were not necessarily taken when the particulars were produced.
10. Where any reference is made to planning permissions or potential uses, such information is given by the Vendor and their Agents in good faith. Prospective purchasers should make their own enquiries with the Local Planning Authority into such matters.
11. These particulars have been prepared in good faith and in accordance with relevant legislation at the time of writing.
Photos taken October 2022
Particulars prepared October 2022
PARTICULARS AND MISREPRESENTATION
These particulars are produced for the guidance of prospective purchasers and although they are intended to give a fair description of the property they do not constitute or form any part of an offer or contract. Intending purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Any measurements or distances referred to should be considered as approximate. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting a property that has been sold or withdrawn.