Site off Annan Road, Dumfries
308 Annan Road, Brasswell, Dumfries, DG1 3JE
An excellent opportunity to purchase a site on the outskirts of the popular town of Dumfries with excellent access and road network. The property has previously been used to run a successful business and lends itself to a variety of uses.
The site extends to approximately 4.5 acres (1.82 hectares)
- Popular location
- Potential for development (subject to necessary consents)
- Excellent access
- The site is available as a whole
Dumfries benefits from all the usual amenities expected of a town its size such as restaurants, takeaways, convenience stores, primary and secondary schools, GP’s, and Dentists, as well as business parks, industrial estates, and retail park shopping.
This site is ideally located with the town Dumfries with easy access to the wider town and good access to the surrounding areas via the A75.
The A75 offers goods access to West Scotland, as well as the A74 heading North, and the M6 heading South from Carlisle.
• Carlisle – 35 miles
• Lockerbie – 14 miles
The Property can be accessed by exiting the A75 at the roundabout on to Annan Road. After about 750 metres turn left into the site, which has been utilised as a Caravan Sales centre historically.
From the centre of Dumfries
Head South-east towards St Marys Street, Turn left onto St Marys Street. At the roundabout, take the third exit onto Cornwall Mount/A780. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit and stay on Annan Rd/A780, Go through 1 roundabout. Your destination will be on your right.
From the South/Carlisle
From Carlisle join the M6 North. At junction 22 take the A75 exit to Southwest Scotland and Dumfries. Continue the A75 until reaching Dumfries, and then follow the directions above.
The land presents a great opportunity for a wide variety of uses subject to obtaining the necessary consents, including potential development, storage, retail, or repair garage. The land has previously been used as a caravan and motorhome sales centre which includes areas of retail, hard standing, workshops, and buildings.
The subject land and property comprise a prominent and well-located commercial site fronting one of the main arterial roads.
The site extends to approximately 4.5 acres (1.82 hectares) with additional storage buildings and a retail shop and offices. The site is predominately gravel and grassed finishes. The site comprises several in hand commercial buildings of varying ages and styles, including a modern high-bay workshop and smaller workshop.
The property comprises briefly as follows:-
Main Shop area
Comprising retail space, office areas and kitchen.
Comprising former shop retail space, office areas, 2 WC’s and kitchen.
General purpose storage area.
Brick store and barn
General purpose storage area.
Steel portal building utilised as a fitted workshop area with concrete floor. 8 space workshop for large caravans/motorhomes. 4 ramps with circa 7 ton lifting capacity are currently installed and can be included in any sale.
Steel portal building. Former workshop/storage space with concrete floor.
Approximate measurements can be seen on the floor plan along with location of buildings.
The planning history with regards to the property can be provided upon request to the extent that it is known. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations into the development potential of the site with the local authority.
It is up to prospective purchasers to make their own enquiries with regards to services for the property. It may be that connection(s) are reserved in favour of the Vendors retained property as part of the sale.
Iain S Murray, Partner
8/10 Bank Street
Tel: 01387 739 000
Fax: 01387 251 320
Plans, Areas, and Schedules
These are based on the Ordnance Survey and Title Deeds and are for reference only. They have been carefully checked and computed by the selling agents and the purchaser shall be deemed to have satisfied themselves as to the description of the property and any error or misstatement shall not annul the sale nor entitle either party to compensation in respect thereof.
By strict appointment with the Selling Agents: Davidson & Robertson Rural. Telephone 01900 268633 or via email email@example.com. All viewings are to be arranged with the selling agents.
Date of Entry
By mutual agreement.
Method of sale
Informal offers and expressions of interest should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or Suite 7M, Lakeland Business Park, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 0QT
Formal offers, in the acceptable Scottish form should be submitted, along with the relevant money laundering paperwork in accordance with The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017, through a Scottish Solicitor, to the Selling Agent.
A closing date may be fixed. Prospective purchasers who have notified their interest through the selling agents, in writing, will be advised of any closing date, unless the property has been sold previously. The seller is not bound to accept the highest or any offer, or to go to a closing date.
The Vendor reserves the right to change the method of sale, sell the property without any prior notification or change the closing date. Prospective purchasers are therefore advised to register their interest with the selling agents, following an inspection and having carried out suitable due diligence with regards to the subjects.
The Vendor and their agents reserve the right to exclude, withdraw or amalgamate any of the land shown at any time. The Vendor and their agents also reserve the right to generally amend the particulars of sale. The agents also reserve the right to conclude negotiations by any other means at their discretion and a degree of flexibility is available to prospective purchasers. A closing date for offers may be fixed. The Vendor is not bound to accept the highest or indeed any offer or go to a closing date.
Third Party Rights and Servitudes
The subjects are sold together with and subject to all existing rights of way, servitudes, wayleaves, and others, whether contained in the Title Deeds or otherwise, and purchasers will be deemed to have satisfied themselves in all respects thereof.
Particulars prepared December 2023, photos taken December 2023
Davidson & Robertson for themselves and for the Vendor(s) or Lessors(s) of the property described in these particulars, whose agents they are, give notice that: -
1. These particulars are produced in good faith as a general outline only and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. No person in the employment of Davidson & Robertson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to this property on behalf of the Agents, nor into contract on behalf of the Vendors.
3. It is the responsibility of any prospective purchaser or lessees to satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of any information upon which any prospective purchaser or lessee relies on in making an offer or bid. The making of any offer or bid for this property will be taken as an admission by the prospective purchaser or lessee that he has relied solely upon his own personally verified inspection and enquiries. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred by prospective purchasers in viewing the property or in the event of any property being sold or withdrawn.
4. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and other details are given without responsibility and should not be relied on as statements of fact and prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them. Descriptions of the property are subjective and are published as opinions and not statements of fact. They are not intended to be binding on the Vendors of their Agents.
5. Nothing in these particulars is to be regarded as a statement that the property is in good structural, agricultural, or horticultural condition, nor should any statement be taken as a warranty to be implied that any services, appliances, equipment, installations, or facilities on the property are in good working order. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves as to the condition of all such matters.
6. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that they have not entered into an agreement to purchase in reliance on any statement contained in these particulars, that they have satisfied themselves as to the content of each such statement by inspection, enquiry or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the Vendors of their Agents in respect of the property.
7. Any error, omission or misstatement in these particulars or any correspondence relating thereto shall not entitle the Purchaser to rescind or to be discharged from any Agreement to Purchase nor shall it entitle either party to compensation or damages or give either party any cause of civil action.
8. The property is sold with all faults and defects whether of condition or otherwise and neither the Vendors nor their Agents will be held responsible for such faults and defects.
9. The photographs printed in these particulars show only certain parts of the property and they were not necessarily taken when the particulars were produced.
10. Where any reference is made to planning permissions or potential uses, such information is given by the Vendor and their Agents in good faith. Prospective purchasers should make their own enquiries with the Local Planning Authority into such matters.
11. These particulars have been prepared in good faith and in accordance with relevant legislation at the time of writing.